Monday, November 2, 2009

Why is it that bad things happen to good people? Keri is a friend of a very good friend of mine, she is 32 year old who has always wanted to have a baby. She has struggled for several years to get pregnant and finally she conceived. When she was at 28 weeks gestation the Dr.'s had to take her baby due to Keri's health. She delivered a baby girl and she is doing well. 1 lb 8 oz when she was born (Sept 30) and she is steadily growing. This family has certainly been blessed with this beautiful little miracle. However, Keri's health isn't good. They took the baby as she has cancer and isn't expected to recover. Keri gets to see her baby when someone wheels her over there or when they bring baby to her (as a new mom it just isn't enough). They are giving Keri chemo just to buy her a bit more time.

This has rocked me to the core. I have really wanted to do something but what can I do? I have decided that I am going to donate all of my commissions in sales from Close To My Heart for the month of November to the trust fund that has been set up for the baby. I would love if you could find it in you to donate to this child who will grow up without a mother. I have set up a paypal donate button up on the right hand of the screen. I can't thank you enough for your donations. Also, please feel free to leave a message on this post for Keri and baby I will ensure they all get to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment