Saturday, November 21, 2009

Great Day for a workshop


A month or so ago I was asked by a good friend of mine Amanda, to give a card workshop at her church's Women of Destiny group on Nov 21. I only had a 20 minute window so I needed to do something simple. I did all the stamping, sponging and cutting for 35 people. It was such a wonderful opportunity and I really had a lot of fun. I think that it went well and the women were all really great! From this opportunity steamed another......I was asked to come back in the coming days. My role will again be to make cards but this time it will be with the homeless. This way they can give a card to a person who has impacted their lives. I am actually really looking forward to this. This is one of those times that you can actually take a skill that you have and are passionate about and use it for a good cause with no expectations of anything in return. I am a firm believer in what you put out into the universe you get back. What a great opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment