Sunday, July 8, 2012

Teacher gifts

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I posted last.  I am going to the Stampin Up Convention in just over a week and I have been so busy with swaps etc that I can't do anything else.  This is my first convention and I think I went a little overboard with how many swaps I did.  I am in 2 Christmas swaps of 11 cards each, Fancy folds and cards that move with 42 cards, technique swap with 40 techniques and then I made about 50 floor swaps.  I will be posting all these as convention arrives and those who are getting their cards will have already got them.  Don't want to spoil it!!!

So in the meantime, this is a little gift that I made for teachers gifts.  I just realized I didn't take a picture of the inside but here is the gist......

The little planter containers I purchased at dollarama and then painted them white (took a couple coats of paint).  Then I stamped on each side with one word and image in alternating colours (Raspberry Ripple and Elegant Eggplant).  I put some ribbon around the top edged and stamped "Thanks" with the decora stamp from the Stamp set Bliss.  Then I tied it all up with some beautiful satin purple ribbon I had and put a tag on it attached with hemp twine.  I coloured the tag, sponged it and stamped to and from on the back.  Inside each little gift is a small container with a few pansy seeds in the, a small bag of dirt and a tiny terracotta pot.  This is a simple gift idea that puts a lot of heart into it!

Be sure to check back in just over a week for my convention posts!




No comments:

Post a Comment